Dr. Teal’s has a wonderfully fragrant and oh so relaxing lavender bath salt, but it’s nearly seven dollars a bag. I shop for generic brands of Epsom salt, half the price and equally effective for soaking sore, tired muscles. That said, I long for the relaxing scent of lavender filling the steamy room.
So today I’m experimenting with my own dried lavender. I took a few flower heads and gently pinched the flowers from the stem. I tucked the flowers into a small organza bag I had on hand (available at most craft stores) and double knotted the ribbon at the top.
Recipe to Relax:
- Draw a hot bath, preferably up to your chin.
- As the water fills the tub, add two cups of Epsom salts.**
- Run hot water over the lavender-infused bag.
- Hang up the do-not-disturb sign.
- Practice yoga breathing, letting your cares slip away.
**A word of caution: bath salts and oils can make the tub surfaces slick. Use common sense care when getting in and out of the tub.