Both of my sons were born in June, so I affectionately call them my June Bugs. My youngest son turns 13 today, and will enjoy a new right of passage in our world of technology: his own YouTube account. He’s already at work on a logo, safety features in place and an awe-struck mom (that’s me) amazed at the things he can do. He loves all things Apple, so this month’s fairy garden theme is my low-tech tribute to a young man who is going places.
Happy birthday, M!
We’re serving birthday cake once again among the moss-covered stones. We hope you’ll stop by for an apple-sized bite.
I like to furnish the fairy gardens with an eclectic mix of ‘this and that.’ It’s fun challenging myself.
- The garden table base is the metal twist top from a bottle of champagne.
- The table top is the cover from a set of ear-buds, topped with the Apple logo.
- I reversed the birthday banner from earlier this month, using iconic black lettering
- I re-painted the chairs, featured in last year’s fairy garden, in the boys favorite colors.
- The table and chairs rest on part of a broken fountain.
- The tiny cake appeared early this month it the post Sweet 16 in the Fairy Garden.