No one is more shocked than I am. My oldest son turned 16 today. He’s grown into a tall, charming and kind young man, nice enough to compliment me on the fairy garden, even though the idea of one is long past its prime.
We’re serving birthday cake down among the moss-covered stones. It would be lovely if you stopped by for a wee slice.
Happy birthday, C!!!
My fairy garden decor is often a mix of ‘this and that.’ It’s fun challenging myself to use what I can find.
- The garden table base is the metal cap from a wine bottle, topped with a scrap of paper and a geranium leaf.
- The birthday banner uses scraps of paper and string
- I re-painted the chairs, featured in last year’s fairy garden, in my ‘June Bugs’ favorite colors.
- The table and chairs rest on part of a broken fountain.
- I purchased the tiny cake from my friend Donna’s booth at antique colony. They once belonged to her young daughter. They’re making the rounds.