Today is International Women’s Day. I’m sharing this from my friend Laurie’s blog, Life on the Bike. Laurie recently ran for state delegate in an effort to balance the disparity of women in office. She’s also a health care practitioner, serving the needs of women every day. Let’s spread the word.
Tomorrow is International Women’s Day and the 2016 Campaign Theme is Pledge for Parity.
“Worldwide, women continue to contribute to social, economic, cultural and political achievement, and while there is much to celebrate, progress towards gender parity has slowed in many places”.
Let’s all do our part to take concrete steps to help achieve gender parity more quickly – whether by
- helping women and girls achieve their ambitions,
- calling for gender-balanced leadership,
- respecting and valuing difference,
- developing more inclusive and flexible cultures, and
- rooting out workplace bias.
Each of us can be a leader within our own spheres of influence and commit to take pragmatic action to accelerate gender parity.
Please share through your social networks, using #pledgeforparity and #IWD2016
In the meantime, check out this Timeline of Women’s Footprints in History
Thanks for helping to spread the word!
* Much of the verbage in this post was taken from the…
View original post 5 more words