The origins of the Versatile Blogger Award are a mystery. I’ve seen the award on other sites, but can’t trace it back to its start. One clever blogger created this site with instructions for award nominees, but the guidelines seem to vary from post to post. What I do know is the “button” comes in my favorite color and it has a flower in the lower corner. Pretty cool, eh?
The nomination/award is a gesture of goodwill and an opportunity to support fellow bloggers. Many thanks to My Botanical Garden (intergenerational) for the Versatile Blogger Award. What a nice surprise and a gracious gesture.
If you are reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for following my blog. I’m honored and flattered.
In turn I’d like to pass the Versatile Blogger Award to the following five bloggers. You inspire me:
- What’s Green with Betsy?!?: Betsy is “passionate about good health and protecting the environment since the early 1970′s and is eager to share her knowledge.” Please take a look.
- Mini Manor Blog: Ashlee “Believes life can be simple, organized, functional, beautiful and green. She blogs about just that, on a one income budget, in a two income world.” Her blog is full of beautiful photos and great ideas. A fun, light, enjoyable read.
- Purple Pixie in Dixie: I admire her spunk and appreciate the day-to-day tone of her posts. She writes, “Every day Kentucky is feeling more and more like home. I have been blessed to be able to stay at home with Violet. I am blessed to be able to explore my creative side. I love to scrapbook! I like to try different crafts, and now I’m learning how to sew. I love to cook, too, and I am starting to do it more often.” Pop on over and see what she’s up to.
- Compassionate Citizen: New to the blogosphere, she writes eloquently about, “…doing my best to live a life of compassion and non-violence. I often speak out for victims of abuse who cannot speak for themselves, including some of the most under-served: the world’s animals, especially those used by humans for food.” Please show her some love.
- Christine Schoenwald: Adventures in Nutland: Christine is a fabulous writer. Her posts are as insightful as they are hilarious. She’s received several “Editor’s Pick” on Open Salon. Take a look, and let me know what you think.
Honoring the final request: seven truths about gardeningnirvana:
- I’m tall (5’10”)
- I like to sing in the car at the top of my lungs
- Even though I organize for a living, it remains one of my favorite hobbies
- I lived without a TV for five years and didn’t miss it
- I’m not a morning person at all but I still get up at 5:25 three days a week to attend a fitness camp.
- I love Rooibos tea
- I’ve been collecting tea tags for over 30 years
I second this nomination! Your blog and “Gardening in the LInes” have been nominated after I should have nominated the two of you. Forgive me. I’ll add your link at once.
Thank you so much for your kind words. You are awesome!
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the shout out! I’m truly honored. How gracious of you to include my nascent little blog among such fine company! You are an inspiration, and your tutelage and unfailing encouragement is a much valued source of motivation for me. I’m sure many others are also the grateful recipients of your kind attention.
I admire you so much for all you do, and thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs. Your day-to-day entertaining/informative accounts of your gardening goings-on are a welcome respite in my hectic life. I savor the time I have to sit and connect with you via cyberspace!
Wow… 30 years of tea bags… Impressive!
Congrats on the Versatile Blogger Award, and keep up the good work!
I have great admiration for you. Do not sell yourself short. You have a noble and positive start of many great things to come. I celebrate you.
Congratulations on this award as it’s well earned, Alys. You have provided wonderful information about yourself as well as new blogs to check out. I used to get so confused with the directions on accepting awards, I just stopped and left the note at the top that I don’t. This one seems simple enough and you are certainly versatile.Thanks for sharing so much good. Hugs. M
LikeLiked by 1 person