I found an interesting quiz on the site Act Earth Day. It estimates your ecological footprint, based on a series of questions. At the end of the quiz you can explore ways to improve your impact on our planet.
You can find the quiz here.
I thought I would score better than I did and I’m disappointed. Clearly I have room for improvement! On the plus side:
- I’m a vegetarian (eating lower on the food chain)
- I recycle, reuse and re-purpose
- I plant a vegetable garden (small plot) each year
- One of our two cars is a Prius
- All of our appliances are Energy Star
- We insulated our home and installed dual-pane windows throughout
- Our heat is off during the day; set to 66 at night during the colder months.
The quiz suggested I travel locally (instead of flying) for my next vacation and consider using public transportation. I should buy less packaged food and improve my local food consumption.
Please let me know if you take the quiz and if so, how you did. I pledge to do better this year. I hope you have something wonderful planned to celebrate our beautiful planet.
- Earth Day Events Around The World (huffingtonpost.com)
- Earth Month Contest (betsywild.wordpress.com)
- Things You Can Do On and Around Earth Day (allthingsreform.org)
- 8 Fun & Easy Earth Day Activities for Kids of All Ages (inhabitat.com)
- Pinterest Addiction: Fun Earth Day Activities (megsamommy.com)